free website stats program Softail turn signal install | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail turn signal install

Dillon mcgraw

I bought a 99 herritage softail classic it had no turn signals on it. It has the wires for them under the seat. Just wires no plugs. The wires are black brown violet and blue. So i know those are for the turn signals. I took off the gas tank to see if there was a plug for the front turn signals and there is a plug up there for them. So i touched the wires from my rear turn signals to the open wires i found under the seat and all it did was turn the light on they just bulbs not leds. And when i press the signal button it does nothing. So I guess im askin what all do i need like maybe a relay and a tsm or what? Help plz been fighting it for a week now.

Yes, you need a turn signal relay to make it flash. Have you checked the self help section for more info?

No i havent checked that. I justed join im trying to get the hang of this still. And okah where can i get the right turn signal relay for my bike would you know?

If I remember correctly the relay is part of the TSM. Go to search forums, type in what you want to search and read up on the TSM and or signal issues.

Welcome to HDTimeline.

Last edited:
HarleyVRSCA41.png
Have a look here

You should have a module between the tanks on your bike

Back