free website stats program Softail Thigh Cooler | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Thigh Cooler

Fierofly

Just installed Leather thigh cooler I bought on E-bay for $25. Went for a long slow ride around town and it works great. Highly recommend, Price well ?

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1217.jpg

Thanks for your service. (I see AF shield on bike) My brother was stationed at Barksdale a few years ago. Went down for change of command ceremony. Forgot how hot and humid it is down there (lived in Charleston SC for 9 years).
Glad to see thigh cooler worked for you.
Welcome to the forum.
John

Love the look of the bike but I have to admit the look of the thigh cooler is...aaahh, somewhat cheap looking. Sorry to say, but, you think they could of made it better looking.

Thanks for the compliments. It serves its purpose and is made of a thick quality leather, I might have to mod it a little, but you can't beat the price.

I like your scoot and the thigh cooler looks like they might work real well. I have the set that 07 talks about and, while they help, when it gets real hot not so much. I may pick upon one like yours just to compare. Thanks

I put the Kuryakan Saddle shields on my ride. They're a chrome looking see thru polycarbonate. They seem to deflect the heat from the rear cylinder away from my thighs pretty well. I'm just wondering if all of these heat deflectors actually help to trap heat in and reduce cooling to the rear cylinder, even though it makes for a much more comfortable ride.

Attachments

• Saddle shields.jpg
    Saddle shields.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 30
One of the things I noticed about mine is it rises up on acceleration. So cooling should not be affected.

Back