free website stats program SOFTAIL STANDARD 2006 Service Manual | Harley Davidson Forums

SOFTAIL STANDARD 2006 Service Manual

Jolly Roger

Hi everyone,

does anyone have an idea where I can download a service manual for a 2006 Standard Softail (FXSTI - TC88B)?

The next service is coming up and I hate not having a guideline for even the simplest service.

Thanks in advance.

Roger

P.S. By the way I found a 2007 model manual however its quite different when it comes to details

See the bar up top the screen. Thr fourth tab from the right says menu jump, click on it. third from bottom says download manual, click on that. There is a box on the left that says most popular files and 06 service manual download is in it. You will need to have 20 posts in order to download it. So welcome and join in on the forums posts till you can download the pdf version.

Hi everyone,

does anyone have an idea where I can download a service manual for a 2006 Standard Softail (FXSTI - TC88B)?

The next service is coming up and I hate not having a guideline for even the simplest service.

Thanks in advance.

Roger

P.S. By the way I found a 2007 model manual however its quite different when it comes to details

I have the 2006 HD Softail Models Service Manual.
Just PM me if it works for you... ;)

Roger. Agree with the folks above about getting the HD Factory Service Manual from an HD source (if you have the part number, Zanotti's or Biker Bob's are usually best prices).

However, based on what you said above, are you actually looking for the Owner's Manual which specifies what service work is required when, rather than how to do the maintenance yourself? This can also be purchased from HD sources.

TQ

Hi TQ,

thanks for the reply. Actually I am looking for the service manual. The owners manual I have but uts only for regular checks with no in depths treatment (which is not the purpose of an owners manual) of function. Its more like "check the tire pressure but don´t think any further" which is o.k. because if you don´t know what you are doing its better to not do more than these regular checks. The basic steps are pretty straightforward (after all a motorcycle is a motorcycle) however if it comes to detailed information like torques, function etc. I´d like to have a better understanding of how something works for more detailed checks prior to a longer trip.

So far I serviced all my motorcycles myself for the last 30+ years without a problem but if you want to do it right you need the right information.

Jolly Roger

I have the 2006 HD Softail Models Service Manual.
Just PM me if it works for you... ;)
hi does anyone have this service manual to download for free? i tried to adjust my clutch over the phone with a tech but now i can't get the clutch to disengage. i shift into gear but nothing happens because the clutch is constantly engaged regardless of what i do with the clutch handle. thanks, vino

Back