free website stats program Softail Solenoid | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Solenoid

KRP421

Hi can anyone help. I have a 1984 Softail,the solenoid seems to kick hard. IT doesnt just click, it wines but seems to Kick out or not engage the starter . Where do I look for trouble. I did have the solenoid off and the plunger that was exposed seemed to jam. Some times I could pull it out about an inch . Other times it seemed stuck. It woud move in and out but sometimes there was a position where it sticks. Anyone know where I should look fo trouble? Thanks

Hi can anyone help. I have a 1984 Softail,the solenoid seems to kick hard. IT doesnt just click, it wines but seems to Kick out or not engage the starter . Where do I look for trouble. I did have the solenoid off and the plunger that was exposed seemed to jam. Some times I could pull it out about an inch . Other times it seemed stuck. It woud move in and out but sometimes there was a position where it sticks. Anyone know where I should look fo trouble? Thanks

How To Check A Starter Solenoid - Harley Davidson Community hope this helps, Have you checked the jack shaft?

Back