free website stats program Softail Radio Setup | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Radio Setup

Bosbury1

This past weekend went riding with a guy who has tunes and decided to take the plunge. Here’s what my needs are and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

1.) Have Sirius radio with removable unit in car.
2.) Want to use my IPOD.

I’ve been looking at the box from Ronsmotorcycleradiosystems wanted to put an aftermarket head unit and speakers that will enable me to use the above two units. Does anyone have any suggestions on a head unit and speakers that give enough punch and still have good sound quality? Also, are there any web-sites that can show the various wiring configurations? Any help would be much appreciated.

Just went to a bike shop and was told that the amplified speakers will not be heard effectively over 60 MPH. Is this true? Just want to hear music. Would love to setup my Sirius with Bluetooth headset or plugs. Do they make something like that?

depends how much ya wanna spend i have a box on my RKC with pioneer and some kind of speakers i can hear um at 85 no prob

Just went to a bike shop and was told that the amplified speakers will not be heard effectively over 60 MPH. Is this true? Just want to hear music. Would love to setup my Sirius with Bluetooth headset or plugs. Do they make something like that?

Whether you have a full face helmet or 3/4 or 1/2 will have a bigger impact from what I have personally noticed. If you have a real loud exhaust that will be an issue too. The J&M unit that was mentioned is seriously loud when you turn it up. Talk to J&M.

Anybody ever tryied DWG speakers with the supplied amp. They are $119.00 on their web site. Nice price but not sure how good they actual are and they are always out of stock.

Back