free website stats program Softail Oil Tank | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Oil Tank

lawsonjoe

I have a 2006 Softail standard FXST, with a black oil tank. I recieved a chip on the bottom and noticed that my oil tank looks to be chrome. My question is are they chrome and painted over or what. The problem is I bought this bike used and dont know if they painted over a chrome oil tank? Looks factory to me but what do I know

I have never seen factory paint over chrome,then again I haven't been around HDs that long and there are a few odd things I have seen them do!:small3d019:

Possible it was painted over by a previous owner? It wouldn't make sense to chrome it and paint over the chrome. Trying to remember if the FXST came with a chrome tank, I think it may.

The FSXT did come equipped wit a chrome oil tank.The only Softails I can think of with painted tanks are the Rocker and the Cross Bones.

thank you that anwsers my question, I know that they are black because mine is black. but like I was saying it is loosing its paint and looks chrome under the paint. Just making sure

The FSXT did come equipped wit a chrome oil tank.The only Softails I can think of with painted tanks are the Rocker and the Cross Bones.
My '07 FXST (Softail Standard) came black stock. I bought the bike Bran New. I got a buddy with an '07 FXSTC (Softail Custom) and his came Chrome.
As far as the FSXT, I'm not sure what than comes with 'cause I'm not sure what model that is:p J/K

Back