free website stats program Softail Dresser | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Dresser

ChopperDoc

Has anyone "dressered" a softail? I"ve had health issues the last couple of years and lost over a hundred pounds. I haven't gotten the strength back in the legs and arms and not sure how much I will get back - Can't seem to gain any weight. My Classic is getting a little hard for me to get off the stand especially if I park on a left incline (I know, "Don't do that!"). I'm not ready to trike it yet and was wondering how close I could get to a Street Glide or Roadking look using a Deluxe as a platform. Your thoughts..........

Sorry to hear about your health issues, and I hope you continue to improve.
I have seen some nice looking softails with hard bags and such, but I think the cost is pretty steep to convert. For not a lot of money you can get front and rear lowering kits in your glide, so you have more leg on the ground. That would also make it stand a little straighter on the jiffy. Nothing has more low speed stability than a flh has. IMO the stability negates most of the weight difference, and the $$ involved helps more. Keep at it, your strength should improve gradually.:57:

Cathy is reading over my shoulder as she often does and asked me to "ask the expert", (YOU!), how many MORE shoes she COULD have taken if the TP was on the bike?? (She figures you know these things!) :D

That comes down to exactly 14 1/2 pairs more if the TP was on the bike.

Hi Cat! :grose:grose:grose:small3d019::lolrolling

Where's my meatballs?:gh

From Cat:

"That number represents about 10% of my shoe collection. :p

Meatballs?? Who's got time to make meatballs??

I'm too busy doing my 12 year old's homework!!! :(

I'm serious!!"

I realize that. I hear you have a shoe for every occasion in every color :lolrolling

I also heard that Rich wears them too :lolrolling

I thought I was your favorite and I get no meatballs? :newsmile030::rr

I think what I am going to do is modify the jiffy stand to get the bike in a more upright position. If I get a flat tire while parked and it falls over, it falls over.

At 14 I bought my first Harley, a 165 Hummer. My second bike was a dresser and over the years I have had every variation you can think of and at 63 I am back on a dresser. There are worse places to be.

Yep, that is what I am going to do. I am not willing to give up all the things that make it truely a "Classic". I yam what I yam.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. At least now I know how many pairs of boots and shoes I can get in my tour pak.

Back