free website stats program Softail Deluxe - Radio Setup | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Deluxe - Radio Setup

Bosbury1

I've been looking into purchasing a radio system/speaker setup that will let me utilize my existing sub to Sirius and integrate an IPOD as well. I've seen all types in JPCycle and Tucker Rocky. I want something that will actually work my buddy has one and the volume is so low that is seems to be a waste. Does somebody have or can they recommend a viable system for me that adapts well the the Softail Deluxe. Thank you.

I've been looking into purchasing a radio system/speaker setup that will let me utilize my existing sub to Sirius and integrate an IPOD as well. I've seen all types in JPCycle and Tucker Rocky. I want something that will actually work my buddy has one and the volume is so low that is seems to be a waste. Does somebody have or can they recommend a viable system for me that adapts well the the Softail Deluxe. Thank you.

I've been looking on Ebay and they have a few amplified speaker set ups that will work with my Ipod. They all seem to guarantee they can be heard at highway speeds...I have my doubts...So I too would be interested to hear if anyone has a system that works well.

My wife got me the MH Instruments amplified speakers for Christmas. They are the 4" chrome ones and look nice. I use them with my Ipod.

The sound is okay. There is not a whole lot of bass. I have had awesome car stereos before and these are nowhere near that. I set the Ipod equalizer to small speakers and they do okay. At 60mph, I can hear them, but just barely. I do have a full face helmet with a hat on underneath. At 45mph and slower they work pretty good. I am sure with a half helmet or no helmet they would be much better. Too cold to try that now though.

They are better than nothing and are acceptable. I think she paid $260 for them so it is worth it to have some tunes. I do notice that when I stop at lights, they are pretty loud, so I think my helmet has a lot to do with it.

If you are by Maryland, you are welcome to come check them out.

Ride Safe!

FWIW, I heard the J&M speakers at a bike show and was not impressed. The MH instruments definately sound better than those.

I have had no experience with the cycle sounds speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a set of J&M on my '04 Ultra. They did sound better than stock, and I had no problem hearing them all the way up to about 90 mph. Not saying they are better than some of the other options here, just that they were an improvement over stock, and performed for me without any issues. Good luck getting base out of a MC stereo, BTW. The fairing is not sealed, the cones are too small and the turblance from the wind wreaks havok on the bass pulse once you are up to speed. You can improve stock and get it to sound good, but don't expect it to thump without some serious concessions.

The J&M speakers I looked at were bolt on 2" speakers, not the ones for a fairing. Sorry for the confusion. I have a Fatboy so I assumed no fairing. I also was not running a windshield at the time. I am sure that would help a lot if I put it on.

Back