free website stats program Softail Classic Stock Exhaust System | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Classic Stock Exhaust System

Mike Skeith

Imported my 2005 FLSTCi from the US to the UK. Need to fit a stock Harley exhaust system to this bike (EU regulations). Will a system from a 2010 Softail Classic work? It will have Active Exhaust System equipment fitted.

the exhaust themselves will fit , not sure about the mounting bracket, check the HD bracket part number to see if its the same, you have a 5sp and the 11 is a 6spd thats what Im not sure about ,but perhaps someone else will chime in.

Welcome to The Forum, dont know about the Exhaust, may look at J P catalog for fitment:s

the exhaust themselves will fit , not sure about the mounting bracket, check the HD bracket part number to see if its the same, you have a 5sp and the 11 is a 6spd thats what Im not sure about ,but perhaps someone else will chime in.
Thanks for the advice, and to all those welcoming me to the Forum. Regarding the exhaust, not that worried about the mounting bracket as I'm assuming I can get such things from the local harley dealer here in the UK. More concerned about the Active Exhaust System components that come with the 2010 system that will not be supported by the other ECUs in my 2005 bike.

Thanks again. I will go ahead and try to obtaining a 2010 system, and hope for the best!

More concerned about the Active Exhaust System components that come with the 2010 system that will not be supported by the other ECUs in my 2005 bike.

When you look at the base ECM map files available for the 2005 Softails, it does not look like they electrically support the Active exhaust feature. But you could install the hardware and just place the door in the closed position until you pass and get through inspection. I doubt if they check to see if it opens and closes by the ECM.

It seems that the 2005 was not even available from the factory with Active exhaust because the 2005 ECM files don't have the tab to enable/disable the feature. The later year files do have the tab.

Yes. As I undersand it, the Active Exhaust System was introduced in 2007. Hence, 2006 and earlier models would not include this capability in associated ECUs/Maps. My plan is to install the 2010 exhaust and leave the valve controller disconnected. I had assumed that I should hard-wire it Open, but you say Closed. I'm confused!

Again, thanks to every for your help on this. Anxious to get back on the road.........

Back