free website stats program soft tie downs | Harley Davidson Forums

soft tie downs

rydahog

i want to get 2 of these SOFT tie downs that go around your handle bars when you transport your bike with ratchet or pull tight nylon ties..where can i get this item..not sure how better to explain this..the part that wraps around handle bars is not nylon but covered in soft material to prevent damage to chrome..thanks

i want to get 2 of these SOFT tie downs that go around your handle bars when you transport your bike with ratchet or pull tight nylon ties..where can i get this item..not sure how better to explain this..the part that wraps around handle bars is not nylon but covered in soft material to prevent damage to chrome..thanks

Check the dealer, when they ship the bikes they use them in the crates, I think they are in the BIG BOOK:s

Not a good idea to transport your bike using the handle bars as tie down points. The bars are rubber mounted and the rubber mounts can be torn from the tension of the straps.
Ken

Rydahog, I think these are the tie downs you're looking for. This link is for 2 pcs for $3.98 and free shipping. Good Luck!

2 ULTRA SOFT Motorcycle Tie Down Harley Bike Straps | eBay

As Kemo said do not strap your bike down using the handlebars. Use the top triple tree and you won't have bent bars or crushed isolators. J&P carries the soft ties.

I strap down between the crash bars and the frame and I wrap a strap around the forks above the fender mount.
Ken

As Kemo said do not strap your bike down using the handlebars. Use the top triple tree and you won't have bent bars or crushed isolators. J&P carries the soft ties.

I have always liked pulling down on the bottom of the crash guard or Frame. Pulling my bike down and Into the 90* 5" channel on my trl...
I use nice white straps,,, the ratchets straps that my bike came from HD with..
I know a few nice HD managers and always get new straps every couple of years.

I like to also strap the rear down so it won't Jump or move side to side..

I NEVER use anything Open J Hook,,,, Heavy Climbing style screw lock hooks are what I use..

I have seen the J hooks come loose, bend open OR bounce Loose so solid is best for me.

I also place a center strip of Extra plywood on the floor of the trailer and it does save the floor after years of Bounce and Just plain weight pounding..

signed....BUBBIE

great guys n girls..i will check it all out and take it all in as i want to transport safely and no damage.thanks again, zactly what i was lookin for..:)

Buy quality straps, don't cheap out and buy junk. I have a Rampage bike loading system for my truck. The first time that I used it the bike was 1/2 way into the truck when 1 of the hooks snapped. I was alone and the bike was leaning off center and I didn't know if the front wheel would stay supported in the tire craddle while I went and got another strap. I use six straps on the front of the bike now.
Ken

Back