free website stats program So here she is- my new '09 Street Glide!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

So here she is- my new '09 Street Glide!!!

martysnarf

Folks- meet my new '09 FLHX!!! Picked her up last night, and have been on her since!! To say that I am THRILLED would be a gross understatement.

On the way home from the dealer, I used Glider's engine break-in method. She has almost 100 miles on her now, and seems to be running REALLY smooth. Feels great!!

The dealer installed my TFI, so I don't have to worry about (EDITED) that one up LOL!! It's set for stock right now; I bought my new SE air cleaner last night, and my Rineharts should be here on Wednesday. I'll adjust the TFI to the Stage 1 when I put on the pipes.

She has cruise, ABS, security system, and XM satellite radio!

First impressions:
- Feels TOTALLY different than my '05 Road King. I know it's heavier, but for some reason it feels lighter to me, perhaps because it's lowered more than the King and the center of gravity is lower. It's easier to maneuver both in low and higher speeds, but of course that feel REAL weird b/c I am so used to my King.
- Windshield is WAY too short- can't hear the tunes at ALL over 45mph. Ordered a new Clearview about 10 mins ago. That HAS to get fixed ASAP. The tunes are not audible at all right now.
- Stock seat was surprisingly comfy... for about 15 mins. Once I smooshed it in a bit, it feels chincey and uncomfortable.
- Pipes sound nice when you first start it up, but upon revving it at all or going down the road, they have no sound or tone at all.
- It corners real nice, and I love the pep of the larger engine.
- Still trying to figure out the radio LOL!!

All in all, I am absolutely thrilled with her, but I realize that I was quite spoiled by my Road King, with the custom dyno tune, pipes, Stage 1, comfort additions (I MISS MY MUSTANG SEAT JOHN!!! LOL!!), etc... She feels very "tame" compared to the BEAST that my RK was. I am broke right now after the purchase, so little by little, paycheck by paycheck, I'll get her just right. Takes time and money, so I'll get her there.

Enjoy the pics- and I'll keep you all posted as I ride her more, do the Stage 1 upgrade this week, add my highway pegs, etc...

And again- a HUGE THANK YOU TO 0BUCKSHOT here on the Forums for buying my Road King for his pops!!! Without him and his Dad, this would not have been possible!! I know his Dad digs the heck out of the King, and I am THRILLED that she is in good hands and being well-taken care of.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY- and RIDE SAFE OUT THERE!!!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

09StreetGlide001.jpg

09StreetGlide005.jpg

09StreetGlide002.jpg

09StreetGlide003.jpg

09StreetGlide004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how much was it. i have been considering getting one. trying to figure out what a good deal would be

Nice ride! Congrat!

On the tunes, you might want to consider changing out the OEM speakers for some HogTunes.

Back