free website stats program Snapping sound | Harley Davidson Forums

Snapping sound

sbeamer

Has anyone else had a "snapping" sound coming from the fairing ? Sometimes when I drive over small bumps, even a larger tar strip, I get that, snap sound from the fairing. It doesn't do it all the time, even on big bumps, which is really wierd. I did have the front cover off and found nothing cracked or broken. Can't find anything rubbing. There isn't any loose wires or harnesses. But there's something causing this noise. It sounds like the outer fairing is moving against the inner. Any ideas or expieriences would be GREATLY appreiciated. It's an 09 if that means anything. Thanks

mine cracked right side top where it turns & bolts to inside ferring 2 times last time i welded it double thick so far so good..

Mine racked both right and left sides.
Used a couple of corner brackets from Lowes and put a couple of thick rubber washers between the fairing and bracket. So far so good.

sbeamer; are you sure it's the fairing (maybe windshield, or ???)? Did you get the outer shell back on correctly (i.e. lower gasket in place, screws tight)? I'd take off the shell again & re-look at all the mounts for cracking...if nothing, might want to call the HD shop for advice as they have access to tech bulletin info & expertise. Good Luck!

Don't forget the often overlooked, oddball things. Do you have windshield pouches? Anything in them that might be bouncing around? Anything loose or swinging around on the handlebars? Have you done anything inside the fairing recently?

my 07 sg broke 2 fairing brkts, took it to dealer about 6 months ago, all costs covered by hd including labor. take it back .. ride hard,,,:small3d023:

Back