free website stats program Smart Siren II sounds when I turn ign. on. | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart Siren II sounds when I turn ign. on.

v2plus10

I just installed the Smart Siren II kit #68328-06 on my 2009 Tri-Glide (Same as the Ultra) and when I turn the ignition on, the siren goes off until I turn it back off. If I pull the Maxi Fuse and then reinstall it, the siren does not go off when I turn the ignition on, and I can start and ride the bike until I shut it off again. Then the next time I turn the ignition back On the Siren goes off, until I turn the ignition off.

The FOB is in my pocket or on the seat while this happens.

Any one have any ideas, other than a bad Siren?

2 Possibilities. The siren battery has to charge up a bit from the bike and how is the battery in the FOB. Any cell phones or pagers close by?

Thanks. I just read the note in the instructions (I know, who does that?) It says it may not work correctly because of the battery being too low. It says to run the bike for 4 hours to charge it, so that sounds like a good excuse for me to get on the road tomorrow for a little sightseeing trip.

Well, that didn't do it. I rode it for about 2 hours hoping to charge the battery, but as soon as I shut the bike off and then switched the ign. back on the siren went off. I opened the battery compartment up, and there was just a rechargable 9 volt battery in it, so I put a new 9 volt in it's place and it still goes off as soon as I turn the ign. on. With the replacement battery installed it sounded until I pulled the battery. Looks like I need to send it back for a replacement.

I hope you replaced the 9 volt battery with a rechargeable one. A regular battery is not meant to be charged and will leak acid and ruin the siren in a matter of minutes. I've seen this happen too many times on the instruments I repair that had the rechargeable batteries replaced with a normal battery. Sounds like your siren module may be bad. I installed the siren module and had no problems. I removed the 9 volt battery and charged it in a charger for 2 hours before installation. Was able to set it to chirp when arming or disarming.

I just put the regular 9 volt in to test it, as I knew it was fully charged. It did the same as the rechargeable battery, except it wouldn't stop blaring until I removed the battery. (Those things are really loud :) ) I put the rechargeable back in so I can return it for a replacement siren.

Have you done the programming correctly or am Imixing up 2 different things? There's a comprehensive guide here on the forum.

Have you done the programming correctly or am Imixing up 2 different things? There's a comprehensive guide here on the forum.

I didn't find anything about programming the siren to the factory installed security system in the "Alarms and Security Related Issues section" The installation instructions makes it look like all you do is plug the wires into the siren, and it should work. Without the siren installed the factory system seems to work fine, but when I plug the siren in it goes off as soon as I turn the ignition on.

Well, Just for the benefit of anyone else that might go through this problem. TT408 was issued on June 18, 2009 that covers this problem. this is the text of that bulletin.

Due to the fact that the Tri-Glide and sidecar models utilize a remote bank angle sensor in addition to the HFSM, The siren functions slightly different than other models.

if a siren is installed on Tri-Glide or Sidecar equipped vehicles, the siren may sound when the ignition switch is turned on, even if the security system is disarmed. This will only happen if the transmission is in neutral or the clutch is pulled in.

To prevent the siren from sounding at key-on, be sure that the transmission is in gear when you turn the ignition switch to "ignition". You can then shift the transmission to neutral for start up and the siren will remain silent.

Back