free website stats program Smart alarm will not disarm w/fob | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart alarm will not disarm w/fob

FRANK_BABY

I have a 2007 FLHX with a factory installed Smart Alarm buttonless.
It came with two fobs. I have had no problems with this bike.Now I have to use my code to start it. Once armed (Automatic after 5 sec.) It will not disarm with the fobs. Batteries are new 3.4vdc. Old batteries hade 2.8vdc.
I have no trouble codes. All connections are tight. Any ideas?
Thanks, Frank

Any circumstances before the problem occured?(did you do any work under the seat, add accessories) etc. The TSSM is a module underneath the battery...that plugs underneath. Did you run the main battery or fobs down or experience problems arming or disarming, prior to this latest exchange when you replaced the fob batteries (I presume both fobs were tried, as it (they) need to be 10-15 feet proximity of the module.

Accessories have been added. The bike has always disarmed. All accessories are Factory
for this model year. Thanks for your fast reply F.

This is really a dumb question.....You don't happen to have the batteries in upside down do you??? I did that in a camera!!!!! GOOD LUCK

I've got the same problem. Have found that if I move the fob to different positions such as out of pocket to pouch on windshield or lay it the seat it will start most of the time. Today it wouldn't start when I did this. I moved bike around to another location and it started. Would like to know how to solve this issue as well. I was stuck in Sturgis this year for a couple hours and then it worked for what ever reason? Thanks

One of the things is the Security module has a built in antenna, if it is blocked by some metallic object (love that metal chrome battery cover). So it may be position sensitive. The new add-on Audible alarm/pager module does have an antenna which can be laid out horizontally out in the open to improve reception.

I've got the same problem. Have found that if I move the fob to different positions such as out of pocket to pouch on windshield or lay it the seat it will start most of the time. Today it wouldn't start when I did this. I moved bike around to another location and it started. Would like to know how to solve this issue as well. I was stuck in Sturgis this year for a couple hours and then it worked for what ever reason? Thanks

Does the same exact problem happen with Either fob. Do Both Fobs have the same sensitivity. Don't assume they do. Try it.

Do you have any Bluetooth goodies, GPS, Scala Rider etc. or a cell phone near the fob? The MOM suggests keeping such items away from the fob since interference can occur.

Does the same exact problem happen with Either fob. Do Both Fobs have the same sensitivity. Don't assume they do. Try it.

I purchased bike used, only got one fob. Have no other options and was told about cell phone so I do keep it at a distance. Thanks for the questions and support

You and Riddler both need ta get these things to your Dealer, He should be able to tell if your Fobs are emitting or not.

Back