free website stats program Small wind deflectors? | Harley Davidson Forums

Small wind deflectors?

R_W_B

I am considering a wind deflector. It's about 15" x 15" in size. Larger than the flyscreens but smaller than the windshields.

Only thing is it doesn't mount on the forks but on the handlebars. And only two mounts, one to each side of handlebar (or riser on Tee bars). Has anyone tried these ? Are the two bar mounts enought to keep it attached without bending or flexing at high speeds ?
Appreciate any info on this.

Are you talking about the WindVest windshield? I have the 14" x 14" on my 2010 FatBoy
with the same clamps you describe. Works great! Love it!
wilks3

RWB; what's the make/modes of this shield...would like to have a look before digesting a comment. I've owned a few bar-mounted shields & they worked OK...just got to get the size correct (height), or you could create a bad case of buffeting in the forehead. Very annoying - especially for us who wear eyeglasses.

RWB; what's the make/modes of this shield...would like to have a look before digesting a comment. I've owned a few bar-mounted shields & they worked OK...just got to get the size correct (height), or you could create a bad case of buffeting in the forehead. Very annoying - especially for us who wear eyeglasses.

The one I'm looking at (at NationalCycle) does not have any metal brace embedded into the shield. It just has 2 mounts attached to the shield, looks like maybe 2" square area.
You can view it at this link,
Well that link didn't work, anyhow it's item N2594B clear for 1.25" bars, and it's at the NationalCycle site.
Am I allowed to post links on this forum. I can't afford another offense so I'm afraid to try it again till I check and make sure it's ok.

I wear a full face helmet but just concerned about the strength of the shield itself. I just want something ease the high speed wind pressure a bit, but don't really want a full shield since it's mostly hot where I live.

(Thanks for the rule info Tank)

Here is a pic of it. It worked on the preview
National Cycle

Looks good, just wondering if anyone had used one like this at high speeds and whether it would dance a little at 75mph.

Sound advice Ice...BTW I had a small "bikini" sized fairing and windscreen that I used on my "cafe style" paint matched sportbike in the 70's & 80's but used it in conjunction with a full face helmet (for true "quiet zone") by a company called Rifle.

Bike Products for 2007 DynaBob

But the National Cycle one you referenced is pretty good, QR hardware w/pop out ball and socket nylon/plastic (no rust) to Lucite material is fairly durable, the model has been around for a long time...:s

tn730s3.jpg

Last edited:
I would advise riding a Dyna with a wind shield first, I did not like it JMO

I would advise riding a Dyna with a wind shield first, I did not like it JMO

Well that's a good point. I definitely don't won't much shield but thought this one would be a good compromise for above 65 mph rides. Actually I don't know any local Dynas with shields but I know a few guys that ride Streetglides and RoadKings with full shields.

Well that's a good point. I definitely don't won't much shield but thought this one would be a good compromise for above 65 mph rides. Actually I don't know any local Dynas with shields but I know a few guys that ride Streetglides and RoadKings with full shields.

I have just fitted a street shield ex and am really pleased with it. Much better at higher speeds and quick to remove without tools. I ride will full faced helmets. Will post a pic tomorrow.
WAP.gif

I have just fitted a street shield ex and am really pleased with it. Much better at higher speeds and quick to remove without tools. I ride will full faced helmets. Will post a pic tomorrow.
WAP.gif

If it is quick removal without tools i would hope you have some way of ensuring it stays on the bike when it is parked and you are not looking

Brian

Back