free website stats program Small Jack if Bike Fell | Harley Davidson Forums

Small Jack if Bike Fell

Question I have is where you going to attach jack to bike when not needed??
I for one would not store in saddlebag for it would probably put a hole in the saddle bag.

Question I have is where you going to attach jack to bike when not needed??
I for one would not store in saddlebag for it would probably put a hole in the saddle bag.

Not really sure, but it is small and may weigh very little. That is another question about this jack.

PS. Don't know why my original post is all to one side. Looks weird, sorry.

Another opinion is this. In almost 30 years of riding I have dropped a bike once.
So the method of righting bike like in video which works great, I would rather put $160.00 worth of gas through tank and enjoy the ride............
I would think if you are in the habit of dropping your bike you would want to figure out why and change what you are doing, or it maybe its time for a trike..........

Both of those videos were good to see. I had read before about putting your kickstand down as well if the bike fell to the right, instead of on its left side like in the videos. That way, if you happen to go over center and the bike starts to tip, the jiffy stand will catch it.

Take care,
Dave

Another opinion is this. In almost 30 years of riding I have dropped a bike once.
So the method of righting bike like in video which works great, I would rather put $160.00 worth of gas through tank and enjoy the ride............
I would think if you are in the habit of dropping your bike you would want to figure out why and change what you are doing, or it maybe its time for a trike..........

You certainly are not wrong. Dropping my bike isn't a habit but it has happened.

I expect to ride alone on back roads soon and picking it up by myself worries me more than heavy traffic, a flat, or most other hazards.

Thank you for your well intentioned input.

Back