free website stats program slower turn over with PC3USB? | Harley Davidson Forums

slower turn over with PC3USB?

Jdsmitty10

Is it normal for have a slightly slower start when using a power commander? It seems like it cranks for a second or 2 longer than it did before. Thought i read it somewhere about this but just making sure.
thanks..

Its weird though..this morning when i started it up, it cranked right at the push of the button...so its not all the time for me i guess..

Yes this is normal. The PCIII is powered off the injectors and if you wit till the chekc engine light goes out, it will take a few more revolutions. From their site :
I am having trouble starting the engine when the Power Commander is installed.
Most Power Commanders are powered by the injectors on the bike. When you turn the key on, the fuel pump gets power and primes the fuel circuit. When this happens, the injectors get power, and the Power Commander also gets power and lights up. After a few moments, the fuel pump has pressurized the system, and usually shuts off. If the fuel pump shuts off, the injectors’ loose power, and the Power Commander shuts off. If you attempt to start the bike when the Power Commander is off, the bike may take longer to start than normal, until the fuel pump comes back on. The fuel pump may come on instantly, after a few engine revolutions, or on some bikes seemingly not at all. If the fuel pump does not come on, the bike will not start. We recommend starting the bike once you turn the key on. Do not wait for the fuel pump to shut off, or a check engine light to go out.

It's strange that they would choose the injector power feed to tap power from. Sure it's a convenient place and it incorporates power cut out if the bike is tipped over but do you really need that. The injectors & ignition will still loose power during a tip-over. The downside has so many reasons not to grab power from the injector feed. I would tap power from a much cleaner point after the ignition switch. On some bikes, there are unpopulated fuse positions for that reason.

Attachments

• Spare_P&A.pdf
    83.4 KB · Views: 6
Back