free website stats program Slow speed wobble 2020 tra limited | Harley Davidson Forums

Slow speed wobble 2020 tra limited

LEROY55

I'm at 6500+ miles between 35 40 mph in 4th gear decel noticed wobble front lift hands up just inches off bars n she wobbled took in HD shop the tech said he sinched down my steering neck several times to eliminate the wobble. Steering is tight but no wobble. So I get the grease gun to pack the neck with grease. Guess what no grease fitting either side of neck. Did HD get rid of neck greasing.

My 07 heritage had the wobble at 40 mph on decel too from new until I sold it. We tightened the neck and it was better, but it always had a little bit of a wobble. I would sure think it would have a grease fitting.

Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

It's a 2020 no where on the neck is any zero fitting
Some one commented maybe HD went with sealed bearings can't find any facts

2014 is first year of no grease fittings.It now needs to be disassembled to regrease at 25,000 miles.

IF you do pull it apart and grease the bearings; why not fit a grease nipple whilst you’re there.
Save you a World of angst by not having to do it again until bearing replacement time.

Yes, they did away with the neck grease fitting. IMO (and probably HD's) neck bearing greasing is over-worried by most. 1st, the neck bearings only turn 90 degrees max and very seldom and very slowly at that. 2nd, the bearings are tightly pressed together with little area for grease to get pumped into the bearings before it finds other areas to squeeze out of. Every time I have taken my neck apart for service the bearings have quite enough lubrication. And yes, my '07 FLHT has a neck FULL of grease that I pumped into it before I realized it didn't need it.

Well I can say from experience 2014 wasn't the 1st year without a zirc fitting. At least in other models. I have a '93 FXDL and thought I'd put one in after reading where someone suggested it. Warning: the neck may be open to the frame! It was with my Dyna. I pumped a crap load of grease into the frame and "lubricated" the wire loom. Took a loong time to rinse it all out and it was a huge mess.

Back