free website stats program Slooow riding | Harley Davidson Forums

Slooow riding

KrecoLuke

Hate to admit this but I'm yet to master the ultra slow ride e.g., heavy traffic where I'm reduced to barely a crawl but still moving.
I just veer all over the lane and work my (edit) off trying to stay up and move in a straight line. I've watched others do it with such ease but I just can't get the hang of it.
PLEASE PLEASE...I need help here before i scratch my baby in a dump!
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Happy trails,

Kreco...

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep your head and eyes up, and in the direction you are traveling. The tendancy is to look down and too close to the front tire. Your comfort level will increase with mileage.

check out the ride like a pro dvd`s
then get some road cones and a big parking lot and practice.
it will suprise you what you will get from the vid

What really helped me be more stable on the bike is lowering the center of gravity as much as possible. Load the side bags before the tour pak with the heaviest stuff at the bottom and have the lightest stuff in the tour pak. Lower the bike front and rear. Get a seat that lowers YOU as much as possible while still being comfortable. These things will make a BIG difference in bike control at almost stopped speeds.

TQ

Like the others have said...practice, practice, practice and look where you want to go not right in front of the bike. After some 36 years of riding, I still find it amazing that if you forget about the bike and just look where you want to go, the bike follows. It's like magic and it works!

All the others are correct, preactice, practice, and more. 495 and 66 in Nothern VA can turn from Speedway to parking lot in seconds. I get alot of slow speed riding. One trick that helps me is pressing equally on the brake and shifter when I slow down, that way I'm not throwing my balance/weight off.

I agree with everything said, especially the "Ride Like a Pro" videos. They were produced specifically for riders of large touring bikes and they use HD touring bikes.

Head and eyes up, look where you want to go, feather the clutch and the REAR brake and practice, practice, practice. I could not believe how much my slow speed riding improved by using these techniques.

Check the videos out at Ride Like a Pro

Yup, agree too, just a year of riding now for me. Still a bit shaky at times, but rear brake helps a ton. Just stay in your comfort zone too.

Back