free website stats program slobbering, stuttering, missing on front cylinder | Harley Davidson Forums

slobbering, stuttering, missing on front cylinder

rkdon

Got a question for you guys. After a fuel stop the other day, my bike was missing & backfiring. Made it home & changed the spark plugs, didn't help. Dealer has confirmed the fuel system has good press. & delivery, ect. Dealer has changed from 8 deg. injectors to 25 deg. injectors, still does the same thing. Dealer is puzzled as well. Anybody experience this with their bike? Its a 2006 Road King W/ 10K miles. thanks. Oh yea, the code showed a front cylinder missing.

Got a question for you guys. After a fuel stop the other day, my bike was missing & backfiring. Made it home & changed the spark plugs, didn't help. Dealer has confirmed the fuel system has good press. & delivery, ect. Dealer has changed from 8 deg. injectors to 25 deg. injectors, still does the same thing. Dealer is puzzled as well. Anybody experience this with their bike? Its a 2006 Road King W/ 10K miles. thanks. Oh yea, the code showed a front cylinder missing.

:newsmile105: Bad Gas... Standard answer but ???

Spark plug wire?
Check the coil it may also be the culprit.. Look for cracks or carbon lines causing shorting of the coil.

I have found while bike is running I spray a little water(plant mister) around the electrical and in dim lighted area you can usually see a bad electrical jump out and bite the grounding area, OR you will Hear a short,,, Missing..

signed....BUBBIE

Agree with Bubbie, but "slobbering" never seen that symptom before...! LOL

O.K. slobbering probably the wrong description, the other thing I forgot to mention is the bike runs "like a new one ought to" after a minute or to. Then stop for fuel or lunch & the same.

Back