free website stats program Slip on Mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip on Mufflers

craigcrittenden

I have a 2012 Super Glide I'm looking for slip on mufflers that aren’t too loud. I purchased Rush Mufflers with 1.75” baffles and I don’t like the sound quality is there any other brand that sounds good with a 1.75 baffle? Thanks in advance.

I think that "sound good" is a question of preference. I like the Rush on my bike and they are 3" with 1.75" baffles.

There are lots of slip-ons, HD, CycleShack, VanceHine, just to name a few. I suggest you search the web, some sites even have sound bytes to give an idea of what they sound like.

I am very pleased with my Khrome Werks HP plus slip on mufflers. They are not too loud and have a good deep sound. Fair price too. Definitely worth a look.
Good luck with your research. I think I bought mine from Axiom Cycles. They had the best price.

I have a 2012 Super Glide I'm looking for slip on mufflers that aren’t too loud. I purchased Rush Mufflers with 1.75” baffles and I don’t like the sound quality is there any other brand that sounds good with a 1.75 baffle? Thanks in advance.

If you contact Ryan at Rush Racing Products he may be able to locate a pair of discontinued 1.5" baffles from one of their venders. Over the years, most riders with the Rush 1.75" or 2.0" baffles state they are happy with the sound/perf. Be aware, any muffler will get louder/change in sound after a couple thousand miles due to packing material settling.. The 2.0" baffle has the most perf gain of avail baffle sizes on stock/stage 1 mods.

If you contact Ryan at Rush Racing Products he may be able to locate a pair of discontinued 1.5" baffles from one of their venders. Over the years, most riders with the Rush 1.75" or 2.0" baffles state they are happy with the sound/perf. Be aware, any muffler will get louder/change in sound after a couple thousand miles due to packing material settling.. The 2.0" baffle has the most perf gain of avail baffle sizes on stock/stage 1 mods.

The SE street performance mufflers are quiter than most and still give decent performance. Best thing is go to a dealer and try to hear some up close.
WAP.gif

I usually went on Bike Rides/Rallys and listened to find MY wanted Sound.....

When I found the sounds on bikes that I liked,,, I'd ask the riders about them... Usually, they were only Too Happy to show and tell.

BUT careful to ask For the FULL modifications that bike has for the Sound you like....IT will make a difference on yours "if" Built differently than your motor and head pipes....:s

signed....BUBBIE

Totally agree. I had the SE slip-ons on my Fat bob and it was not realy enough for me. Once I got the big bore kit and compression bumped, the sound was much better.

Back