free website stats program slip on mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

slip on mufflers

I just put on python backslash slip on mufflers and love the sound they produce. how do i measure the baffle size and do i need to use a fuel tuner of any kind (or can i run like it is with out hurting the engine)

Haven't worked with the Python baffles so I can't help you there.

In regards to the fuel management question, you don't need to do anything if you've only added slip ons. You're at the other end of the fuel system.

If you modify the Air Filter, Cams, etc - you'll definitely was a fuel management system.

Although the baffles for those mufflers are replaceable, it appears that you don't get a size choice. Just #1861-0361.

yes those are the ones i got them from a man that said they were too loud for his taste

Then time to look at some type of fuel manager. Click on the second link in post #3 and you will find the recommended choice here at HDTimeline....

I took the mufflers off and measured the input and that was 1.75 in and the output is 1.75in so am i ok to leave things alone? the slip ons are the only thing i have done thus far maybe at a latter date i will do a breather upgrade if i need to.
So for what i am reading i will be ok as long as all i do is the slip ons?

I took the mufflers off and measured the input and that was 1.75 in and the output is 1.75in so am i ok to leave things alone? the slip ons are the only thing i have done thus far maybe at a latter date i will do a breather upgrade if i need to.
So for what i am reading i will be ok as long as all i do is the slip ons?
Yes. And that is the baffle opening correct? 1.75" or less baffle ok but the only info available shows a baffle replacement with no size. My questioning is in 4Th post previous owner complained of being to loud. Might want to contact Python and find out for sure.:)
Update: Look at the baffle options : Python Exhaust
Looks like 1.50' and 2.50" which would be very loud.....

Last edited by a moderator:
well I contacted the dealer where I purchased the bike and told him about the modification and he said that I am ok and if i change the air intake i would need a fuel tuner at that point. he also said that popping is normal on decelration

Then it sounds like you are good to go. Dealer has given you good info. My 2008 backfires on decel and is all stock. Just not as noticeable with the quiet mufflers.

Back