free website stats program Slip On Mufflers Or 2 Into 1? | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip On Mufflers Or 2 Into 1?

glider.

BOT Machine
A properly designed 2-1 motorcycle exhaust will produce substantially more power than a 2-2 system will .

A 2-1 system performs as a "header" system with a "collector". If you look at a drag racing car like a Pro stock car you will notice that the motorcycle exhaust system are routed together into a common larger tube called the collector. Each of these tubes are the same length which is determined by the type of engine. The diameter of the tube is optimized for flow and proper back pressure. As exhaust flow enters the collector, the pulses create a scavenging effect, creating a slight pressure drop which helps extract the following exhaust pulse in order.

The benefit from this is reduced back pressure and reversion. Reversion is where sound waves travel back up the outside wall of the motorcycle exhaust pipe and during the point where both the intake and exhaust valves are both open (overlap), the reverse "pulse" can reverse flow in the intake tract. This reversion reduces the intake charge lessening the power produced.

Typically in the midrange and top end is where you get the most significant gains. Off idle is improved but not as dramatically.

Models like the FLH motorcycle series with dual exhausts are a compromise of form over function. The system looks good but that left hand motorcycle exhaust can actually hurt performance as it can increase reversion.

If you want to get the most improvement, a good 2-1 motorcycle exhaust pipe systems over both 2-2 and slip on mufflers.

Hey Mr. Data,
I was down at the dealership yesterday and they are clearing some stock.
I can get a New Screamin Eagle "Tunable" 2 into 1 for half price.
What are your thoughts on this exhaust?
I have a 2003 lowrider with S/E slip-ons right now.

Is this Tunable exhaust only for Race applications, as so oftenly stated?
How does it sound?
The part # is 80091-03, should fit right?

Thanks
Never

Hey Mr. Data,
I was down at the dealership yesterday and they are clearing some stock.
I can get a New Screamin Eagle "Tunable" 2 into 1 for half price.
What are your thoughts on this exhaust?
I have a 2003 lowrider with S/E slip-ons right now.

Is this Tunable exhaust only for Race applications, as so oftenly stated?
How does it sound?
The part # is 80091-03, should fit right?

Thanks
Never

#80091-03 Fits '95 and later Dyna models except 2003 and later FXDWG models. Your EFI (if equipped) will require ECM reprograming for proper function otherwise rejetting is in order. Retail is $539.95 and they are tunable like the supertrapp systems using the internal discs. The "race application" labeling is how they get away with running these on the street as with the SE II slipons. In other words, they list it as race only and what the buyer does with it is on him. Don't know if this system falls into the crossed flag application or not.

The true duals balance things out a bit but you loose some bottom end torque with them, especially as compared to a 2 into 1 system.

Back