free website stats program slip on exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

slip on exhaust

sturgis

I have a 09 Road king classic I looking for slip on exhaust that sounds good throaty & loud. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I really like the sound and added performance that I received with the rush slip ons.I went with the 2 inch baffles but you can go bigger for a louder volume.

I really like the sound and added performance that I received with the rush slip ons.I went with the 2 inch baffles but you can go bigger for a louder volume.

Do you really want to go bigger than the 2"??? loss of back pressure????

I'd vote for the Rush set up as well. Friend of mine just got an '09 UG and has that set up and sounds really good.
- dorr:yes

Heard some V&H Monstor Ovals over the weekend. They sounded really nice. Have a deep rumble. They were actually on a SE Ultra, and also had true duals. Had an awesome sound.

I've got the rush slip-ons with the 2" baffles (for now). Love the sound. Little trick...pull out the baffle before installing, cut the packing in half, toss half of your choice, re-tape in the middle of the baffle..........sound is AMAZING.......take your time to break them in right though......mine blued up pretty good where they meet the headpipe on that right side.....bought the true dual conversion kit and sounds even better

Barttoday, welcome to HDTimeline, you'll find a lot of good stuff here if you take your time and cruise around.

Saw your response about headers blueing up...could be because of lean mixture, so you might look into TFI or similar A/F fueler. As for fixing the blued pipes, might want to check this post out and see how ceramic coating matches nicely with chrome heat shields and polished engine/tranny case...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/13058-ceramic_coated_headers.html

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/13058-ceramic_coated_headers.html

yeah, i'm running a PCIII right now and it's a little on the rich side. Thanks for the link!! (probably didn't make this very clear, but it's actually the muffler's that have blued)

I have a 09 Road king classic I looking for slip on exhaust that sounds good throaty & loud. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Back to the topic at hand...

I put the V&H Monster Ovals on my '09 RK. The sound was throaty and mellow, but not "authoritative." If you're looking for the sound, they are great.

That said, my wife (believe it or not) didn't think they were loud enough. So, we moved to the Rineharts. They really sound like a Harley should and definitely get attention when you crack the throttle.

Since you said "throaty & loud", I'd look at, listen to the Rineharts.

Back