free website stats program Slip-On Exhaust for 09 Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip-On Exhaust for 09 Street Glide

Some say no but I like some added fuel to make it run better. They are running very lean from the factory.

If you get a TFI, you can change things yourself.

http://www.techlusion.com/

Many topics on this unit in the self help forum.

I put those on mine for sound note at a lower cost and did nothing else. The dealers would tell you mapping is not needed but Glider has a point.

Tought question.
If the bike was a pre 2009 I would with out a say right out add fule some how and recommend just doing the full stgae 1 and add a TFI.
But you have a 2009 The dealer I go to an trust fully had told me many times now on the 2009 it is just not need, they have test many of them and found the 2009 can adjust to the chnage with no problem.
In any case a TFi is not a bad idea if it does not break the bank and the your ready to do your full stgae one anyway. IMO
Does it matter what size baffles when just adding the slip ons.

I agree with Glider on the baffle size. I have not switched yet from my OEM mufflers, but will eventually.

BTW, Jackpot dyno-tuned mufflers are using the same approach as the OEM mufflers (look in your OEM pipes), where the right is the main muffler and left muffler is used to build backpressure and retain low-end tq. I think Jackpots are just Rush mufflers w/ different baffles and packing. Jackpots have some nice dyno printouts to look at as well.

I've heard people buying a different left muffler from Rush (like 1.5" baffle) and then use the 2" baffle on the right muffler. But I have not seen this setup in person, just hearsay at this point

Good luck!

Ride safe and have fun.

FWI

When going to true duals, It's VERY important to find out if you have a pair of mufflers that they are meant for true duals unlike the stock mufflers mentioned above that have the left muffler basically as a sound enhancement chamber with little flow. Using these mufflers on a true dual system will damage the engine when going to true dual head pipes.

FWI

When going to true duals, It's VERY important to find out if you have a pair of mufflers that they are meant for true duals unlike the stock mufflers mentioned above that have the left muffler basically as a sound enhancement chamber with little flow. Using these mufflers on a true dual system will damage the engine when going to true dual head pipes.
I went with the rush slip-on with 1.5 baffle. Are these slip-ons compatible if I decide to go with true duals?

The quick answer is yes, but Rush has great customer service and they will answer emails regarding tech questions very promptly.

Back