free website stats program Slider Studs | Harley Davidson Forums

Slider Studs

Roadmax1

Hi,
I followed the Front Axle Installation Tip because I have a wobble in the front end. (I checked everything else for play etc. but everything else seemed fine.) Only thing I could think of was to follow the tip to see if that would help. Anyhow, as I tightened the nuts that screw onto the threated studs on the base of the sliders with my torque wrench I either over tightened (which I know I didn't unless my wrench was lying to me), or the front bolt was already damaged (over tightened) during the last tire change done by the dealer. Which really ticks me off since before the tire change everything was fine. Must say here that I had two flats in two days on the rear after the dealer changed the tires. But to my problem. The bolt broke off and I need to know if it can be replaced or not? If so, are there any instructions placed on this forum?
Thanks a bunch,
Roadmax1

When you remove the cap that retains the axle, if there is thread left, you can double nut it (2 nuts locked together) and heat it up a bit and take it out.
Otherwise, heat it up with the cap removed and grab it with some vice grips and turn it out if there's no thread left.

Back