free website stats program Slider cap fasteners | Harley Davidson Forums

Slider cap fasteners

gator508

Experienced Member
Hey guys,

Here I am trying to get the front wheel off the bike and I don't seem to have the correct size of allen wrench to loosen the slider caps. I've got a bundle of allen wrenches but evidently not the correct one. Called the local HD and they seemed to be too busy, I do understand they are sales driven....anyway, Does anyone know what size allen fitting fits or where I can look it up.

I should have done this weeks ago but still had usable thread left on the tire, so I waited until almost the last minute, now I'm trying to get the bike ready for our trip...does it sounds like I'm begging..you bet. Thanks!

If you are talking about those axle caps. If you get them off, be sure to use some anti-seize on the allen screws when reinstalling. They are no fun to drill out just to get the axle out!

If you are talking about those axle caps. If you get them off, be sure to use some anti-seize on the allen screws when reinstalling. They are no fun to drill out just to get the axle out!

Hey Bodeen,

Thanks for the tip, I will do that!

Just got the wheel off, on my way to HD to have new tire mounted. BTW, the allen fitting ended up being a 5mm not 4mm, which I will have to inform HD of that.

Update:

Just finished installing the front wheel, encountered 0 problems, did not take it out for a test ride yet...it's raining and may do that for several days, it looks like there is going to be a tropical system heading this way..oh well!

Back