free website stats program Slayed the dragon | Harley Davidson Forums

Slayed the dragon

stevec314

Hey guys just wanted to tell you all that my wife and I slayed the dragon at Deals gap last week. Did it on Wednesday and traffic was very light. Did it twice and was very fun!!!!

Steve

Way to go...was a great experience for me as well...a little white knuckled at the time. Was my 2nd year as a rider. Now ya gotta do Highway 550 between Durango, Colo. up to Ridgeway on the " Million Dollar " highway. Here however theres nothing to stop ya if you go off the road...sept the bottom...lol...Twisties at 11,000 feet...what a rush!:D

Hey Steve! Did the Dragon in June and it was pretty intense for a relative newbie like me. Weekdays are certainly the way to go - I've heard the weekends are crazy!

Four Dogs - not sure I'm ready for your Million Dollar Highway. Sounds fantastic but I think I'd have to wear a diaper, if you catch my drift!

you guys get all the good roads ,well some of em :D
we have the cat an fiddle over here and the dyns mawdry pass through to Wales from England awesome up through the mountains and 5 miles of dead straight down hill on the other side :D oh yeah i forgot mostly its covered in FOG, also the hidden valley up in Glen Coe and upto Fort William is stunning.
i would love to ride the Dragon or any other twisties in US just to say i have ridden em

Please let us know when you're coming over to ride the Dragon. We can have an HDTimeline reunion at Deals Gap! Then we could all talk without having to use our fingers!

Id be up for that one as well. The first annual hdtimeline in person meet. Got a good ring to it

Another good place is maryville HD. My wife LOVES that place!!

you guys get all the good roads ,well some of em :D
we have the cat an fiddle over here and the dyns mawdry pass through to Wales from England awesome up through the mountains and 5 miles of dead straight down hill on the other side :D oh yeah i forgot mostly its covered in FOG, also the hidden valley up in Glen Coe and upto Fort William is stunning.
i would love to ride the Dragon or any other twisties in US just to say i have ridden em

Two years ago i've been in England. One of the reasons was the cats an fiddle road. Iadmit, it was on crotch rockets. It was awesome, specialy when it is wet.
Not use to lefhand driving, got some hilaric moments when cornering. Which part is mine????:D

We got some great rides across Dartmoor,and the A 303 from Exeter to London.Theres a nice stretch of windy around Wooky Hole and Cheddar gorge too!We got the old road from Plymouth to Paignton.Some REALY tite bends,and lots of dented hedgerows where some goons on rice rockets have overcooked thier turns.

i live close to the dragon about an hour away and used to ride it every other day...now just once or twice when i'm home,but i live 10 min from cumberland moutains very nice riding

Back