free website stats program "skull rim package" | Harley Davidson Forums

"skull rim package"

R. Kirby

This past August I purchased a 2001 Road King Classic. I was fortunate enough to find one of the 150 bikes that came from the HD custom shop, painted purple and silver covered with 3D skulls. As I understand the history of this bike it was one of the few (from the 150) where the original owner elected the option to have the bike equipped with the "skull rim" package. Bike is covered with chrome "bling". One of the challenges that I have already faced with owning this particular machine is finding replacement parts. The local HD dealer has not been extremely helpful. I need to replace the front brake discs. The discs that are on the bike are two pieces bolted together, the inside ring is covered with skulls. The dealership tells me that my only option is to replace the discs with the single piece which would mean giving up part of the "bling". I would like to replace only the outside disc. Looking for help! Mine is 127/150, A friend of mine owns 94/150. Interested in hearing about any others as well as more history about this!

This past August I purchased a 2001 Road King Classic. I was fortunate enough to find one of the 150 bikes that came from the HD custom shop, painted purple and silver covered with 3D skulls. As I understand the history of this bike it was one of the few (from the 150) where the original owner elected the option to have the bike equipped with the "skull rim" package. Bike is covered with chrome "bling". One of the challenges that I have already faced with owning this particular machine is finding replacement parts. The local HD dealer has not been extremely helpful. I need to replace the front brake discs. The discs that are on the bike are two pieces bolted together, the inside ring is covered with skulls. The dealership tells me that my only option is to replace the discs with the single piece which would mean giving up part of the "bling". I would like to replace only the outside disc. Looking for help! Mine is 127/150, A friend of mine owns 94/150. Interested in hearing about any others as well as more history about this!
Welcome to The Forum, I have never seen these parts, do you have a H D part number? May be try E bay? Or Wholesale - Dirty Dog Skull Disc Brake Rotor/Full CNC/1Pcs/160mm | DHgate.com

100_1766.jpg

100_1749.jpg

100_1740.jpg

Well I think I have attachments. One of the pictures includes my bud's bike, same paint but he doesn't have the skull wheel package.

Back