free website stats program Simply AMAZING! | Harley Davidson Forums

Simply AMAZING!

As a pilot, all I can say is that cockpit would smell pretty bad if I was the one flying that plane. That is before I smashed into the ground! Having all that horse power and the years of skill really paid off for this guy.

Some pilot!

You know what they say: "Any landing you come out of alive is a good landing"

The Red Bull races demonstrate some really cool flying.

Crazy good job. But...........the pilot's great skill was matched by some great luck. Not a trick you would want to try again.

Actually, one of the better hoaxes out there. If you look carefully
around 54 or 55 seconds, you will see the transition between a video of
an RC model and video of a real plane.

I ain't no airplane engineer but the first thing to touch the ground was the corner of the elevator. I just don't think that piece is durable enough to take that stress without obvious damage. Next, I think the landing gear might have folded up from that plane flopping down on it like that. That is if it was an actual airplane, which we know it wasn't.

Actually, one of the better hoaxes out there. If you look carefully
around 54 or 55 seconds, you will see the transition between a video of
an RC model and video of a real plane.

I ain't no airplane engineer but the first thing to touch the ground was the corner of the elevator. I just don't think that piece is durable enough to take that stress without obvious damage. Next, I think the landing gear might have folded up from that plane flopping down on it like that. That is if it was an actual airplane, which we know it wasn't.

I've watched it a couple times and I don't see what you see. The elevator just barely touches the ground, if at all. Landing gear are stressed and certified way beyond the forces of a normal landing - I've tested this out several times! I feel like it's an example of superior airmanship and quick thinking -he simply rolled 90 degrees and converted his one remaining wing into a giant rudder, old rudder became his elevator.

I just read on AVWEB that it is a hoax, looks good though. About 2 days ago there was a video of a RC model doing the same thing.

I just read on AVWEB that it is a hoax, looks good though. About 2 days ago there was a video of a RC model doing the same thing.

Oh well, I've always been pretty gullible. Still an amazing bit of flying, even if by remote control!

Back