free website stats program Silly question, I'm sure... about the FOB | Harley Davidson Forums

Silly question, I'm sure... about the FOB

SportyHawg

I traded in my 2003 883. It did not have a security alarm. Now that I have the 2007, I am wondering:

Do you keep the FOB on the same keyring as your key? It seems it would be smart to separate them so that if you do leave your key in the ignition and walk away, the FOB wouldn't be with it...and the bike would be disabled.

What do you guys do?

The new bike has been in the garage with all the snow we've had. I haven't had to take it out and park it away from the house.

i keep the fob and my gas door key (flht)on a ring in my pocket. just remember to transfer it when you change pants or you'll get a rude awakening if you have a siren system :D I know when i forgot one morning at 4 am my neighbors really were happy lol

I keep mine together. The key to is never left with the bike anyway so it's not that big of a deal for me.

Most people I have seen at the dealership and around town have theirs attached the the Zipper of their riding jacket

That's not a silly question. It's hard getting use to not having to use a key. My 08 FatBob requires the FOB to be on your person or in close range before moving the bike. It does not require an ignition key to start. I just make sure it's in the jacket on plan on wearing. Reminder!!! Change your batteries in the FOB. That's would be another rude awakening. That's a spring first ride check up thing. Change the FOB battery.

Reminder!!! Change your batteries in the FOB. That's would be another rude awakening. That's a spring first ride check up thing. Change the FOB battery.

Sound advice, and another good reason to have the code programmed properly.

With the EGC I leave the key with the fob for the simple reason that you only use the key to open the gas flap and the odd time you lock the steeringhead

I keep mine together. The key to is never left with the bike anyway so it's not that big of a deal for me.

Same for me; I'd just as soon look for one thing than two when I leave for a ride. When I leave the bike for even a couple of minutes I always take the key and lock the steering.

Back