free website stats program Should I or Shouldn't I ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I or Shouldn't I ?

My scoot is supposed to be a softtail but with the lowering kit it rides like a hardtail.....lol.....My girl hates it....looks good but rides hard was debating on removal of kit but am afraid it will let the rear come up too high and look bad. If I remove one shock it rides better but it flexes wrong and burns off the rear tire. Ohhhh I should say shocks are mounted under the bike ......so not seen but the thought of burning off another tire is not good.....lol...
Thanks Tony

My scoot is supposed to be a softtail but with the lowering kit it rides like a hardtail.....lol.....My girl hates it....looks good but rides hard was debating on removal of kit but am afraid it will let the rear come up too high and look bad. If I remove one shock it rides better but it flexes wrong and burns off the rear tire. Ohhhh I should say shocks are mounted under the bike ......so not seen but the thought of burning off another tire is not good.....lol...
Thanks Tony

Hate to simplify things too much but it looks like a matter of which is more important to you - how your bike looks or how it rides, and therefore, how much your girl likes it. Good luck with that decision.

If the girl doesn't like it and you want her to ride with you, sounds like a no brainer. You might have to look for some alternatives to make it ride nice, while making it look bad.

I am with Hobbit. a single shock is going to skew things and they will bend after a time. Air ride lets you pump it up to ride and slam it to cruise the lot.

I am about as far from an expert as you can get, but I would think that a poor ride would equal poor handling and poor handling just ain't good. Personally, I would never sacrifice looks for handling, but there are about 87 billion hardtail riders out there that would disagree with me.

Well i do ride it a lot been on some 200 to 300 mile rides for me it is fine but ......everyone knows if the girls not happy then nobodys happy ......:D......as soon as it warms a bit i'll check into raising it up and giving the shocks some more travel......
Thanks for the input ......got a few chuckles and some good thoughts.
Tony

O'yeah. I understand about wanting to look cool. :D I had Road King and slammed it to the ground. Awesome look. BUT. . . it dragged . . . a lot! Decided to raise it back up and ride it instead of looking at it. So, my suggestion, raise it back up and ride it.
Ugly John

is the spring preload up, when i fit these i adjust the spring preload all the way hard, which can be done in the bike and set the ride hight to the highest point this will have it a touch lower than the stock ride ht, the kits work well to lower it a small amount but if u wanna go low good quality air shocks like fournales r the best way, fournales need a no loss pump capable of very very high pressures so not easily adjusted but more reliable than the compressor kits which u can pump up and down on the go.

when i bought my night train it was slammed, and rode so harsh i was waking up in the morning with a sore back, and had trouble getting out of bed (was 25 at the time, with no prior back issues!)
I left the lowering kit on, but adjusted it so the bike was about halfway between stock and slammed - it's now noticeably lower than stock, but now it rides comfortably. i would try this to see how you like it before buying a whole new shock system.

All very good ideas ....think i will try adjusting the height.... and see how that works and if not i think maybe the air system is my best bet.
The bike has a really good stance and i really hate to mess that up.....but I love the girl so i will do what must be done....if money was no problem i'd leave it as is and buy a bagger:s:D:D:D

Back