free website stats program Should I Ask, Or Not? | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I Ask, Or Not?

hd4evr

Banned
Question. Just before I traded in my Road King for the FXDC I bought 4 qts. of Mobil One V-Twin for my bike. I get the first service done for free, so, do you think it would be rude to ask them to put MY oil in when I get the first service done? I wanna go synthetic and that would save me dumping their fresh oil and using mine. What do you think?

I would not hesitate asking to have your oil installed at service. Its your bike and you are using a high grade oil. Do not second guess your self. Let this service visit prove if this dealers accommodating and is going to repair bike in the future....

I was also thinking of just running their fresh dino oil 500 or so miles, and then switch it over to the Mobil One myself.

i wouldnt throw out new oil. why not just run it, and when the next change comes due put your oil in? seems a waste to drain oil with 500 miles on it.

I read somewhere that break in should be done on Dino oil and not synthetic. If your first service is 1000 miles that should be broken in enough. imho
Put in the Mobil 1, you won't be sorry.

Question. Just before I traded in my Road King for the FXDC I bought 4 qts. of Mobil One V-Twin for my bike. I get the first service done for free, so, do you think it would be rude to ask them to put MY oil in when I get the first service done? I wanna go synthetic and that would save me dumping their fresh oil and using mine. What do you think?

Never a problem...(or shouldn't be) ASK for the extra left over (unused) oil back Then you know they used your oil...

I have had warranty work done and always take in MY oil when needed..

signed....BUBBIE

I would like to be sure ALL of the old oil is completely removed. Details on a complete oil change can be found on this forum. Even though a small amount of dino oil will work fine with synthetic, I would prefer to start off fresh and remove all the old oil when upgrading to synthetic. I have my doubts if a dealer would be interested in the extra effort.

Back