free website stats program shocks and stretch | Harley Davidson Forums

shocks and stretch

InsaneWolfe

im a big boy 300 lbs on my sportster nightster and was wondering what should i do about the bottoming out my back is killing me because of it and i wanted something to stretch my reach kinda like a chopper but no apre hangers i dont like them

im a big boy 300 lbs on my sportster nightster and was wondering what should i do about the bottoming out my back is killing me because of it and i wanted something to stretch my reach kinda like a chopper but no apre hangers i dont like them

Simple, trade it in for a Wide Glide!:D

I'm not familiar with your shocks, mine are adjustable. Maybe you could change them out. I see shocks on Ebay all the time so you must be able to change them. On my former ride I put 2 1/2" risers on the handlebars and "rolled them back" a bit and added highway pegs which made a completely relaxed riding position for me. This made a big difference. I'm 6'3" so the legroom was necessary as well as the "reach" thing.

hello there i had same problem check out some progressive shocks i went with 412 in 11.5 inch, 1/2 longer than stock . you would go with hd heavy duty my ride is soooooo much better best upgrade i did to my bike well worth the money and 2hr s of my time. i can ride all day and not even get sore . its great

A friend of mine had the same problem with the same bike. We put some progressive shocks on (11.5 inch) and it made the bike way better. He found some black ones on line for 220 bucks. They had the same shocks on eBay for more money. By the way, we went with the black shocks and it looks a lot better on the Nightster IMHO.

Back