free website stats program shock help with 2008 fat bob | Harley Davidson Forums

shock help with 2008 fat bob

ICEBERG

I need to lower the fat bob so I can stand flat on the ground I’m 5,5 so right now it’s kind of a stretch to do. I did allot of searching I think I’m gona go with progressive 412s in the 11 inch. I will ride 2 up a bunch but don’t want to have any bottom out issues I weigh 220 and the old lady is about 200 should I go with the hd or the reg ones? also I picked the progressive because money is very tight will these shocks be ok for what I’m looking to do, will the ride really suck or will it be ok? there is so many post on this it’s hard to find some good answers
thanks
Ryan

Or you could try lowering blocks and keep your stock shocks on JMO

I need to lower the fat bob so I can stand flat on the ground I’m 5,5 so right now it’s kind of a stretch to do. I did allot of searching I think I’m gona go with progressive 412s in the 11 inch. I will ride 2 up a bunch but don’t want to have any bottom out issues I weigh 220 and the old lady is about 200 should I go with the hd or the reg ones? also I picked the progressive because money is very tight will these shocks be ok for what I’m looking to do, will the ride really suck or will it be ok? there is so many post on this it’s hard to find some good answers
thanks
Ryan

I'LL TRY BEST TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BY ASKING A QUESTION!
*********PROGRESSIVE**********
DOES anybody KNOW not GUESS if when you buy PROGRESSIVE SHOCKS that they will put HEAVER spring loads on them???? I have BELIEVED that to be true..
AFTER BUYING (i was told by ?) that you can SEND THEM BACK INTO progressive and they will put the HEAVER SPRINGS on them to match YOUR WEIGHT in question.. and probably at no greater cost to you???

THIS goes back to a after market shop telling me THAT and it had to be 6 yrs. ago..

NOW IF THAT IS TRUE it would be what is needed as the SPRING values NEED to be HEAVER for US larger people!!! ESPECIALLY when a shorter shock is used.....

THE CORRECT answer would help here and for ME ALSO!
THANKS

signed....BUBBIE

I would try the reach seat first if your dealer has one on a bike you can try out for fit. Your stock shocks are already pretty low set and you would be compromising the ride going any lower I think, also having a pair of good thick sole boots can make a deference as well. I personally would stay away from any kind of lowering blocks. You can try a pair of progressive shocks but you might find the cost more then just dollars & cents. Combining a low-profile suspension which you already have and a narrow seat is the easiest way for a shorter rider to fit comfortably. If you do decide to go with the progressive shocks let us know how they work out for you.

Back