free website stats program Shifting hard when cold, esp. from 1st to 2nd | Harley Davidson Forums

Shifting hard when cold, esp. from 1st to 2nd

larryjmiller

My 09 RK w/8K miles was a little stiff going from first to second gear. Was working just fine last week and about the same temperature outside. I changed all oils about 1K ago, Mobile 1, Formula plus, and Redline in the tranny, and levels are still good. Once it gets good and warm, works like always.

Sound like a clutch out of adjustment?

Had the same problem in Big Bear, Ca replaced the Redline in the Transmission with Spector 6 speed now smooth as silk....Redline just too thick for the mountains ( cold )
Good luck

Thanks!

Unbelievable, that thought was going through my head as I was cruising back home from Guadalupe to Moorpark. Haven't tried Spectro yet. A little hard to find. But that pink stuff is definitely sticky and thick. You really got to get it nice and hot to get it out of the trans for an oil change.

Bob's cycle supply... bobscycle.com p/n 805336 oil spect-p HD-6SP 75W140.
$16.49 per Q uart.I bought 4ea. 805334 eng syn 20w50 11.99 ea. 2 ea 805325 HD primary 7.49 2ea 805336 HD 6SP 75/140 16.49 95.92 +6.99 shipping Total of 102.91 Took 3 days to get here

The Redline is great oil but it will shift a bit hard when it is cold out for a few blocks when first started.

The Redline is great oil but it will shift a bit hard when it is cold out for a few blocks when first started.

JUST NOTING FOR THE "DIE-HARDS" Like ME.....

redline shockproof comes in THREE weights HEAVY, MEDIUM, LIGHT...
just food for thought...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks guys. It's warming up a bit and out here it can get seriously hot in few days between cooling trends. I'll let it ride and get back to you guys. I'll try Spectro at my next O/C to see if I notice a difference.

Back