free website stats program Shifter Shaft Bushing | Harley Davidson Forums

Shifter Shaft Bushing

fxstcb

I have a 99 Nightrain with 3" extended forward controls. I bought the bike with the controls and do not know who the manufacture is. I am in need of a shifter shaft bushing. The old bushing measure 0.654 OD. I bought factory bushings for a softail custom and they measure 0.682. Does anyone out there have a factory bushing that they can measure and give me the size? I believe the bushings that I got from my dealer are the correct replacement but are out of spec.

Are the forward controls chrome? I have a set of Biker's Choice 3" extended and can measure the extra bushing that came with my kit later tonight and see if it may be the same size you need. Stay tuned...............

They are chrome...I can take a pic of my controls to find out if they are bikers choice or not?

They are chrome...I can take a pic of my controls to find out if they are bikers choice or not?

Just measured my spare bushing and it has an OD of .750, ID is .564 and length is 1.480. Conversion would be 3/4", 9/16" and just shy of 1-1/2" respectively. My stock shifter shaft's OD measured
.563 which would allow for a tight fit when assembled. Hope that helps. I have a picture of my forward controls i just took as well so if you need it for comparison, let me know and i'll upload it from my pc.
WAP.gif

Just measured my spare bushing and it has an OD of .750, ID is .564 and length is 1.480. Conversion would be 3/4", 9/16" and just shy of 1-1/2" respectively. My stock shifter shaft's OD measured
.563 which would allow for a tight fit when assembled. Hope that helps. I have a picture of my forward controls i just took as well so if you need it for comparison, let me know and i'll upload it from my pc.
WAP.gif

I thought my forward controls were bikers choice, but if your controls take a bushing that size there is no way mine are bikers choice. Thank you for the info, I will have to keep looking for who made the controls to find new bushings.

Back