free website stats program Shift shaft bushing? | Harley Davidson Forums

Shift shaft bushing?

Wlindsey

Just wanted to know it there is a bushing for the shift shaft that goes thru the primary case? Just traded for a Road King that seems to have a lot of slop there.

Thanks' in advance.
Wes

Just wanted to know it there is a bushing for the shift shaft that goes thru the primary case? Just traded for a Road King that seems to have a lot of slop there.

Thanks' in advance.
Wes

Touring linkage is all external

Jack, I think he was talking about where the shifter shaft goes through that little tube on the front of the primary.

Jack, I think he was talking about where the shifter shaft goes through that little tube on the front of the primary.

Forgot about that hump on the primary:D Did not give it much thougt as all my old Glides had a grease fitting there and it was rare for them to get sloppy

HD05FLHR020.gif
HD05FLHR020.gif
Part number is 42642-00

HD05FLHR020.gif
Number 21 in this view

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, takes two. They can be replaced without removing inner if your careful. A blind hole puller works pretty good on the outboard one. A proper size socket can be used too drive the inner one out. A long bolt with large washer can be used to pull them back in.

If they are worn really bad, you may have to use a hacksaw blade to cut a slice in one side of the bushing to get it out.

Thanks guys. Sure makes me feel better.
This one does have the grease fitting but it has been either neglected and the grease worms got to it or it was shifted a whole bunch.

Thanks' again
Wes

Bye the way Jack, How can I get that parts micro-fiche

Last edited by a moderator:
Back