free website stats program shield V's shield | Harley Davidson Forums

shield V's shield

chuck60

Is a 10" long ride shield with the curve really any better then a Harley 10" shield, please give me your opinions to help me make up my mind. Thanks Charlie.

I had the Memphis Shades W/S but had a chance to buy a National Cycle Wave 10" on sale. (Love a sale.)

I've got a couple of rides in, about 500 miles, but it seems I can hear the radio on my Ultra better and the wind seems to flow over.
I have noticed when the bugs hit the W/S, they seem to slide over the W/S instead of getting spattered. Kind of like a kids slide.

That was the plus side.....

The negative side is because of the design, I can't use my W/S bag or the Garmin faring mount GPS. No room.

Have to see if I keep it on the bike. I want to take a CC ride, have to see if I want the W/S bag or Garmin GPS.

I have an 8" Wind Vest that has a slight curve. It advertises that it works like it's two inches taller than it really is. I believe it. I like much better than the stock shield....less wind buffetting for sure.

I have an 8" clearview recurve.I don't get the buffeting I had with the stock 10" windshield and I look over it instead of through it which greatly improves my vision when night riding.

Right after I got my dyna I got a Harley quick detach windshield. One of the worst choices I made. The air would come up over the shield and hit me between the eyes and would cause my sunglasses to bounce around. I would have to hunch down a few inches to keep that from happening. I was just too tall. Please keep that in mind. Good luck

Yes, the shield with the curve is better for wind deflection. It really does push the airflow higher than the shield without a curve which also helps keep your passenger more comfortable.

Back