free website stats program shakes | Harley Davidson Forums

shakes

i have a 2006 flht breather and pipes have been changed new injectors have been changed as per recall and down load from dealer installed it was suppose to stop spit backs and stalling and heavy shake on starting and idle cured most but not the shake at low speeds or idle,isloater has been replaced but still no luck dealer says there suppose to shake .i agree to a point but not this much. runs perfect on the open road no vibriation at all. i'm about ready to shake something, any help appreaciated

Last edited by a moderator:
If all the stabilizer links are OK and the mounts are OK, check out a similar bike to see if yours shakes any more than others. Some of these bikes shake more for some unknown reason than others that is never located. Check for an intake leak too.

had another dealer set it up on computer found the idle was set to low 950 rpm it is now set at 1020 never know it was the same bike almost no vibriation. although the new isolaters on the front are more ridige than factory ones they transfer more vibes to the rest of the bike

The idle speed will make a big difference in the shaking of the bike, even more with the 96 engines.

Back