free website stats program set back off the tank | Harley Davidson Forums

set back off the tank

sir ridealot

i have a 2010 limited, the factory seat has me positioned so the inside of my thighs are on the tank. my wife rides with me alot so if i break out the check book for a new seat i need to make sure she is also comfortable. i have been looking at the sadleman touring seats. i would like to get a leather seat. any suggestions would be great.

Seats are tough - what one rider loves may not work at all for another rider. And like you implied, it's no fun throwing money around trying to find the elusive perfect seat. Sometimes it helps to tell us how tall you are, what your inseam is, and what you are trying to achieve with the new seat. Move lower? Move back? Also, what is your wife looking for? Wider sitting area? More padding?

Give us as many details as possible and the membership can help you out a lot better.

Has anyone used Mean City cycles? Was looking at their web site earlier today. Seemed reasonably priced to rework your origional seat.

Has anyone used Mean City cycles? Was looking at their web site earlier today. Seemed reasonably priced to rework your origional seat.

I personally have not used MCC but there are those on here who have. All reports have been excellent. Never heard anybody being dissatisfied with MCC.
Use the search above and enter Mean City Cycles and start reading.
Bodeen

A good upholstry guy can probably fix that seat to your specifications for both you and the other half. Not only for less than the cost of a new seat but just the way you like it. Memory foam, gel pad, leather, vinyl, etc. Might want to check it out?

A good upholstry guy can probably fix that seat to your specifications for both you and the other half. Not only for less than the cost of a new seat but just the way you like it. Memory foam, gel pad, leather, vinyl, etc. Might want to check it out?

Along this same line, there are usually folks at the major rallies who will do just what you are saying. The last 2 years there's been someone on Beach Street at Biketoberfest doing custom seats and foam. New seat while you wait!

I have used Mean City Cycles and highly recommend their services. Great people to deal with!

A good upholstery guy can probably fix that seat to your specifications for both you and the other half. Not only for less than the cost of a new seat but just the way you like it. Memory foam, gel pad, leather, vinyl, etc. Might want to check it out?

How many miles on bike. Maybe ride it out till 5000 mile service to let seat fully break in.

I went with a Corbin and the wife has really liked it so far. The heater is top notch also. Not as plush as some, but that is not what I wanted.

Back