free website stats program Service | Harley Davidson Forums

Service

nolafishr

Does Harley Recommend a 2500 mile service? I remember seeing this in a Dealer for 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500 ect.

I took my 09 RG @ 1,000 and then @ 2,500 miles. My next service is 5,000. The 3 yr service plan was part of the deal, so taking advantage of it as much as I can.

There is a link somewhere on this site that I printed out and helped alot... If I find it I'll post it.

Have a good one. Hope the Summer up there is getting better and not as cool/rainy.

Todd

Seems dealers have different thoughts on this subject. The dealer I bought my bike from says to change oil/filter every 2500 miles even though the MOCO says 5000 is OK. A dealer closer to where I work told me I was just wasting money by changing my oil that frequently because the MOCO recommends 5000 mile intervals.

Seems dealers have different thoughts on this subject. The dealer I bought my bike from says to change oil/filter every 2500 miles even though the MOCO says 5000 is OK. A dealer closer to where I work told me I was just wasting money by changing my oil that frequently because the MOCO recommends 5000 mile intervals.

Keep in mind that the MOCO doesn't want your bike to last forever too:s

Sure 5K is a good change interval but 2500 is even better.

I like the 2500 mile changes with filter myself.

Back