free website stats program Service Manuals? | Harley Davidson Forums

Service Manuals?

CRCKR

So a couple years ago I decided to finally buy a brand-spankin' new bike for the first time in 40 years of riding HD. The warranty expired on 02JUN so I, naturally, wanted to buy a service manual to get her running better than the factory. How did I NOT know that we can't buy service manuals anymore? What kind of trickery is this?

Last edited:
What? :( I am a book junkie. I suppose that is HD's way of forcing people to use the dealership service more. :mad::(

I did find ONE on Amazon... $219... From what I can see they only make the Service Manuals available to shops...and it looks like only shops outside of the US. How can this be? Am I totally missing something?

I really like having books rather than printing pages off.

The evolution of service manuals in the automotive side as I have experienced it.
30 + yrs ago the books were over the $150.00 ea, and the previous owner bought many,
Than it was an option of books or on a cd back in the early 90's .
When we took over in 95 we were on cd's and updates every 6 months.
We have been on a online subscription for probably 10 yrs now, that has constant updates and I can access our member account on any computer 24 - 7.
My old library of service manual's still comes in handy once a yr.
No library wants them, and the dust is thick

I would assume MOCO implemented this yrs ago.

OK, well, I'm gonna need to retread my boots for this flintstone braking job... I don't wanna get anyone in trouble so I'm not going to post which shop called me back but one did and said that it is the end of their workday and he wanted to get out of the shop but he gave me a price (standard $129.95, I think I paid the same for them since at least the start of the twincams) and said he'll call me back to get my card number on Monday and ship on Tuesday.

Anyone looking for parts or manuals by mail, PM me and I'll send you the contact if I recognize you from the forums here. I went into 4 shops in NE Tennessee, VA and NC and every one of them told me not available...I called a half dozen shops where I've had work done on bikes over the years (nobody I know was at any of them) but everyone said that we just can't buy it. God Bless the good American Soul who called me back.

I do appreciate the link but I like to have my books. Now I got one...and the dude who sold it to me said he's gonna give me a call when he get back down her to Dixie when winter sets in up Norther than Tennessee. It is really nice here but I bet the leaves can really cause issues in the smokies around the corners

Last edited:
The last hard copy parts/service manuals I bought were purchased through a local dealer in 2005; about $65 for each. However, the MoCo has been phasing out hard copy parts/service manuals for a few years now; environmentally friendly you know.;) AFAIK, both manuals have a PN and can be purchased through a dealer.

94000777 is the PN for 2020 Softails and 94000738 is the PN for 2020 Touring Models. Go to New Castle HD and Intermountain HD, enter the PN and it will be delivered in about 10 days; $110, plus shipping. There are other services like the one Zelda made reference to that offer digital, .pdf, I think, manuals for about $10. I haven't bought one but for $10, why not? Take the file to Kinkos and have it printed. Personally, I would buy direct from a dealer but if $$ was an issue, I would try the cheap route and if it sucks, painless loss. Anyway, the manuals are available; no secret handshake required.

The HD techs have access to manuals via HD-Nef in .pdf format; don't know if they get them free or have to pay.

Back