free website stats program Service Manual | Harley Davidson Forums

Service Manual

GimmeFuel

What do you folks think of the Clymer service manuals as a guide for 'do it yourself' maintenance? If not, what would you recommend?

I use Clymer service manuals as a back up just in case I cannot get a Factory manual.
I prefer to use Factory Service & Parts Manuals for any type of work on a bike. Better photos and better directions in the factory manuals.

I use Clymer service manuals as a back up just in case I cannot get a Factory manual.
I prefer to use Factory Service & Parts Manuals for any type of work on a bike. Better photos and better directions in the factory manuals.

I think you'll find the majority will confirm the Factory manuals are the best way to go. I've had Clymer and Haynes manuals and they always seem to leave me needing more info.

I think you'll find the majority will confirm the Factory manuals are the best way to go. I've had Clymer and Haynes manuals and they always seem to leave me needing more info.

Where can I go online to find the factory manuals? I need that should seem simple, but I did a search and it didn't yield anything.

I have both harley and clymer service manuals for my bikes and prefer to use the clymer
so far i have not found them missing any info and in some cases has better info than the harley manual
forget about the haynes manuals as they have forgot how to write a good manual

any harley dealer should be able to supply the service manual for your bike

Brian

Where can I go online to find the factory manuals? I need that should seem simple, but I did a search and it didn't yield anything.

Zanotti and Chicago HD are two of the lowest priced, best stocked on line dealers. Go to their website and search for the manual you want. You can find some on ebay also.

Zanotti and Chicago HD are two of the lowest priced, best stocked on line dealers. Go to their website and search for the manual you want. You can find some on ebay also.

2 thumbs up on zanottis and buy the factory manual the after market manuals are nowhere near as useful, I found one for my bike a 2008 at a swap meet for 20 bucks, still smiling about that one:D:D:D

Back