free website stats program Service - If I can anyone can...! | Harley Davidson Forums

Service - If I can anyone can...!

RAWLDYMAN

Just done my first ever service on the sporty,or any vehicle, for that matter. Yep, me - just about the most mechanically challenged person on the planet!
OK I've got the manual, but I would'nt have tackled it myself, that is, until I read the advice & experiences of the good folks here and got the encouragement/confidence to just get up and do it.
If anyone else out there feels they got to go to the dealer to get servicing done (and pay good dough that would be better spent on goodies) think again - and go for it!
Some mods planned next, while I'm on a roll... but thinkin about a Dyna maybe...:s

Now that you've done the service check the self help section to see what else you would like to try. The more you learn to do yourself and the more you get to know your ride the better off you are.

Good for you. With the help you can get from this site and the people here who knows what you may accomplish in the future. Be happy with yourself it's a good start.

Saving some money is nice, but the good feeling of doing it yourself ain't bad either. Already been said, but manual,manual,manual. And my 1st rule, "start every threaded thing with your fingers". If it doesn't feel right, find out why, don't use force! :57:

Always fun to wrench on your own scoot & nice knowing the work was done to your specs. Keep up the good work & ride safe!

Good for you. Nice feeling to do it yourself, isn't it. Also a nice feeling if you run into trouble you can get expert help here.

Good for you. With the great advice and the self help section you'll be able to do lots more for yourself and save more money. This is a great site with great advice. Keep up the good work and ride safe.

Back