free website stats program Service - 15K | Harley Davidson Forums

Service - 15K

Bosbury1

Bike just turned 15K changed all the oils, adjusted the clutch and throttle cables, replaced the front and rear brake pads new tires within the last 1500 miles (rear belt adjustment). Lubed the steering head, replaced the spark plugs new wires within the last 2K. Here is the question. I have the SERT and was wondering can I or do I need to make any changes? They gave me a disk when the dealer installed the SERT and said it was the MAP for my bike along with the Dyno? Since it is FI was wondering if I can make any adjustments? I do have a laptop so the computer end would not be too difficult.

The SERT is paired to the bikes VIN. The only time any programming can be changed is with Harley's Digitech. The disk they gave you is probably from the final results of the dyno testing.

The SERT is paired to the bikes VIN. The only time any programming can be changed is with Harley's Digitech. The disk they gave you is probably from the final results of the dyno testing.

Not so, if he has the module with the cables and the proper program disk for his bike he can adjust or change the maps himself no digitech needed. :)

Awesome. Today, I'm going to the dealer to buy the software and cable to see what codes if any my bike has other than the standard ones on the instrument panel. Maybe its me but it always seems to run better when I get it back from the dealer. I would bet the software has more diagnostic tests other than the standard tests it runs.

Awesome. Today, I'm going to the dealer to buy the software and cable to see what codes if any my bike has other than the standard ones on the instrument panel.

You won't fine any more/less codes than is/are displayed on speedo. You can not perform any tests using the SEST. You can only view the ECM data field (input & output signals) & change mapping cells.

Back