free website stats program SERT tunning error | Harley Davidson Forums

SERT tunning error

tech03

trying to use a race tuner on a 04 FLSTC, bike has pipes and a highflow. when i hit program ecm, it gets about 25% and stops with a message unable to load bootloader. i tried and older verision of se software and had the same results any ideas would be greatly appreciated. i'm using a laptop with windows vista and a usb to serial adapter, i can read vin when i click get info. i've tried the latest version "L" and then "G".

Did you have a stage download previously?If so you'll need to reflash the ECM to stock before tuning with the SERT.The adaptor may be causing the problem.Try a laptop with a seriel port.

ECM is stock no previous download or cartridge. A laptop with a serial port is the problem, they just don't exist.

ECM is stock no previous download or cartridge. A laptop with a serial port is the problem, they just don't exist.

The SERT will over write anything in the ECM so don't worry about a stock reflash. However the SERT does not work with Vista 99% of the time and the adapter doesn't allow the ECM to be programed in the order it needs so it quits at 25% to stop any damage to the ECM.
Like Fisher said get an old computer with a serial port and Windows XP for a couple of hundred bucks just to use out in the garage on the bike...it will be well worth it.
Good luck

Back