free website stats program SERT not connecting to race tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

SERT not connecting to race tuner

brt650

Hope that sounds right.
I have/we have been trying to get this SERT program to connect to 32114-01A-SUBA race tuner for months. 2007 Softail . Tried 2 different PC's. Tried USB and Serial port cables. Loaded and unloaded the SERT program. Have updated the program. But it will not recognise the box. We have a power supply on the battery. We try loading the program with and with out the bike connected.I have followed the direction's to a t. Virus programs off too, screen saver off.
It has to be me. I must be missing something simple. Is it true the computer will recognise the race tuner even if it's not connected to the bike?
Now the VCI driver's. I found them in the pre requisties and tried loading them too. But my mate has given up and I'm beat too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Brian

What operating system are you using. XP service pack 2 seems to work well. What color is your Dongle & does it have the Red button on it. Are you using a native attached USB port on the laptop and not a serial to USB external converter?

Click Start=>Run=>MSCONFIG=> unclick everything => apply=> restart.

Look at the installed programs and be sure Net-Frames is installed. I once had to go to Microsoft.com and load them manually.

Now Boot computer=> plug in Super-Tuner Dongle only via USB (native) and listen for the "ding-dong" sound.
Does the icon pop up on the task bar. Did the system see the USB device being hot-plugged? Can you now go to Control Panel=>Device drivers=> and see if the Dongle and Drivers listed as Super Tuner with No yellow check marks.

I eventually found it was just better to buy a used cheap laptop, load XP service pack 2 and dedicate it to cause of bike tuning. The less interaction, the better it works. I also have OBII scanner software also on the PC for the cage. Only have 2 programs on the computer and use it for only bike & car tuning. But that is just me. I know of many success stories without using a dedicated PC.

Try the check list above & see what happens. The very 1st time I used and installed the software, it was a monster to get working properly.

If you are using a USB extension cable try it with out it. Sometimes the junction between the two cables will make the program think that the junction is the termination point so it won't find your tuner box.

Hello Hoople,
It doesn't have a red button on it.
I"ll try what you have suggested and see what happens.
Thankyou both for your ideas,.
Cheers
Brian

Hello Again,
My heading should have said Sert not conecting to sest. I now know there are 2 programs. Screamin Eagle Race Tuner and Screamin Eagle Super Tuner Thanks again for your help.
Cheers
brt650 :small3d026:

Back