free website stats program September 11Th | Harley Davidson Forums

September 11Th

Rewind

Let's not forget.

Lift up a prayer for those families still hurting from the events of 8 years ago today.

How easy most people forget and call us warmongers lest we forget this day 8 years ago when we were attacked. I will never forget and am thankful for the job our soldier's are doing and my prayers go out to those who lost loved ones today.

Amen. Bit of a special day for me. My mother died on September 11, 2001. Not in the tragic event of this post, but in a war of her own. She was was diagnosed at 53 with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). Her father also died of the same disease at a very young age. ALS is described as being burried alive. Your mind stays fully alert, but your body shuts down around you until ultimately you cant breath on your own. 9-11 was a very surreal day for me as I watched the events unfold on TV, I received a call at work that my mother had passed. So many things I wish I said, or visits I wish I made.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off the topic here, but just remind everyone how lucky we are to have our freedom, our health and the good fortune to be able to enjoy something we all love so much. Riding.

Live each day as if it were your last. It very well could be.

Back