free website stats program Selling my Badlander seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Selling my Badlander seat

Dfixit1

Just got a REALLY nice Badlander seat for my 03 FLHRCI. Sold as fitting a 08 up Road King. Close but no cigar. On my bike I had to drill another rear fender hole for attach point about 1/2"in.
further back and the forward snout on the seat rides up at least 3 inches over my dash board. I can live with all that but it seems to be a bit wider than my stock seat, thus I have to tip toe each side when I stop even with my boots on "Rockys"
This seat has the normal rear chrome bracket to attach on fender and the forward blade to attach into the frame slot just below the tank. So it is for a 97-07 set up. I think It would be better suited for an Electra Glide, maybe road/Street Glide because those bikes have a Dash Board that is shorter than mine. I believe the matching H/D number is 52265-01A??. The markings only show a "Milsco" number 1201457. I tried contacting Milsco and my H/D dealer with no help to exactly which model it's for.
I'll try to post a couple pics. If intrested I can email more pics with measurements and mounted on my bike. We'll talk price. This is purchase pic. I have some pics on my computer with the seat on my bike but don't seem to have the option to load them here.
s-l500.jpg

Electra Glides, Street Glides, and Road Glides all use the extended nose/snout seat. I personally don't like the look and bought a Road King model Mustang seat and dash extender for my Electra Glide.

Yeah, wish I had better input on on the seat but the auction was almost too good to pass up. It looks good on my bike had it actually fit but then there's the whole to wider than my stock seat thingy lifting my feet up so I get to tippy- toe at a stop and we all know how easy it is to maneuver a fairly heavy bike without having ones feet firmly on good ole Terra-firma.
I just ordered a Drag Specialties Predator flame stitched that says and shows it fits my rig. After 20 years I thought a little face lift couldn't hurt

Just got a REALLY nice Badlander seat for my 03 FLHRCI. Sold as fitting a 08 up Road King. Close but no cigar. On my bike I had to drill another rear fender hole for attach point about 1/2"in.
further back and the forward snout on the seat rides up at least 3 inches over my dash board. I can live with all that but it seems to be a bit wider than my stock seat, thus I have to tip toe each side when I stop even with my boots on "Rockys"
This seat has the normal rear chrome bracket to attach on fender and the forward blade to attach into the frame slot just below the tank. So it is for a 97-07 set up. I think It would be better suited for an Electra Glide, maybe road/Street Glide because those bikes have a Dash Board that is shorter than mine. I believe the matching H/D number is 52265-01A??. The markings only show a "Milsco" number 1201457. I tried contacting Milsco and my H/D dealer with no help to exactly which model it's for.
I'll try to post a couple pics. If intrested I can email more pics with measurements and mounted on my bike. We'll talk price. This is purchase pic. I have some pics on my computer with the seat on my bike but don't seem to have the option to load them here.
s-l500.jpg
Ordered new DS Flame stitched. On the way, for the 20 year face lift.
F02995A5-27B5-447F-9146-6EEE9633B92C_150x150.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Electra Glides, Street Glides, and Road Glides all use the extended nose/snout seat. I personally don't like the look and bought a Road King model Mustang seat and dash extender for my Electra Glide.
Will not fit a street 750.
Thanks for the in put on my seat. I was real sure it wouldn't fit his bike. It barely fits my RK. I had some issues loggin in but think I have that fixed now.

Yeah,, it looks better in the pic than on the bike, even though it's in great shape. I found a stock classic like my orig.,,, dealer take off a new bike. It looked so go I just kept it boxed up for later and got the DS Predator Flame stitched. May not be the best seat for cross cuntry trips but sho do look good

Available? what's your asking price? Will this fit on a Harley Street 750? I am looking to get a similar custom-made seat from the Viking Bags https://www.vikingbags.com/harley-davidson-sportster-motorcycle-seats but their quote is a bit high for me.
Hey, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Was havin issues loggin in. Like Breeze3at said that seat is too big for your bike. I have a 03 Road King Classic and had to modify, and smush and it still bunched up. It's ok now that it's off my bike but it was designed with the longer snout for larger bikes with short dash boards like Electra Glides, ect. Check ebay they have lots of seats some ok some good and some are great, you just have to shop till ya drop to get the right seat at the right price.

Attachments

• Bike 2023 flame seat.jpg
    Bike 2023 flame seat.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Back